Chris Gehlker <gehlker / fastq.com> graced us by uttering:
> On 2/28/02 3:59 PM, "Tim Hammerquist" <tim / vegeta.ath.cx> wrote:
>
>> Chris Gehlker <gehlker / fastq.com> graced us by uttering:
>>> As a Mac baby I just had to step through ruby in GDB *from the command line*
>>> and it made my head and my fingers hurt. Do you guys using more traditional
>>> *nixen really do that all day or do you have nice X-Windows clicky things?
>>
>> I've no experience with OSX (or really, Macs, since the early 1990's),
>> but running linux, I do most of my experimenting from irb, and my
>> dev cycle takes place inside vim.
>>
>> But yeah, I'd say my experience is closer to the "from the command line"
>> style you mentioned.  =)
>
> Inside vim is close enough to "from the command line" for me. It's
> interesting that some people are developing from inside emacs or vim and
> others are using windowing thingees.

If RubyStudio weren't OSX-specific, I'd take a look at it right now. But
on the whole, coming from a Perl/Python-type background, I just
interface with Ruby the same way I was used to and it works pretty well.

Are there any GUI or RAD environments for Ruby available for linux?

Tim Hammerquist
--
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
    -- Horace Walpole