On 2/28/02 3:59 PM, "Tim Hammerquist" <tim / vegeta.ath.cx> wrote:

> Chris Gehlker <gehlker / fastq.com> graced us by uttering:
>> As a Mac baby I just had to step through ruby in GDB *from the command line*
>> and it made my head and my fingers hurt. Do you guys using more traditional
>> *nixen really do that all day or do you have nice X-Windows clicky things?
>
> I've no experience with OSX (or really, Macs, since the early 1990's),
> but running linux, I do most of my experimenting from irb, and my
> dev cycle takes place inside vim.
>
> But yeah, I'd say my experience is closer to the "from the command line"
> style you mentioned.  =)

Inside vim is close enough to "from the command line" for me. It's
interesting that some people are developing from inside emacs or vim and
others are using windowing thingees.
--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm
beginning to believe it. -Clarence Darrow, lawyer and author (1857-1938)