Chris Gehlker <gehlker / fastq.com> graced us by uttering:
> As a Mac baby I just had to step through ruby in GDB *from the command line*
> and it made my head and my fingers hurt. Do you guys using more traditional
> *nixen really do that all day or do you have nice X-Windows clicky things?

I've no experience with OSX (or really, Macs, since the early 1990's),
but running linux, I do most of my experimenting from irb, and my
dev cycle takes place inside vim.

But yeah, I'd say my experience is closer to the "from the command line"
style you mentioned.  =)

HTH
Tim Hammerquist
--
Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads.
    -- They Might Be Giants, "We Want a Rock..."