On Nov 11, 2009, at 3:13 PM, Richard Conroy wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM, Daniel Berger <djberg96 / gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 11, 12:23 pm, Intransition <transf... / gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Big thumbs-up to Rubular:
>>>
>>> http://rubular.com/
>>>
>>> It made all the difference in the development of one of my most recent
>>> projects.
>>>
>>> Thank You, Mr. Lovitt.
>>
>> I second this motion. I've definitely used it for sanity checking. :)
>

> +1
>
> I love the way you can train or observe a regex with inputs to see which it
> passes and which it rejects.
> Instant seed data to my validation tests.

At the last boulder.rb users meeting, someone mentioned that they writeup a regular expression in rubular, hit the "make a permalink" button, and then paste the resulting URL into their source code as a comment where the regular expression is declared. Great way to document how the regular expression functions.

Blessings,