On Nov 10, 2009, at 10:11 PM, Rick Barrett wrote:

> Thanks guys.
>
> I wasn't really asking for anyone to "DO" it for me. I just really
> didn't know what to do next. I actually like figuring things out on my
> own and won't ask for help until the point that it's driving me crazy.
>
> And using Rob's advice I'm to the part now where I have to divide up
> the
> places.
>
> Instead of dividing 16 by 10s, 5s, and 1s all at once.
>
> I get XVVVIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII instead of XVI.
>
> I'm thinking I can just take a pair out of the array every loop until
> the number hits 0.
> --

This opens up a great sidebar opportunity to talk about debugging as a
*skill* to be developed.

Look at your output.  Can you see why it prints what it does?
It starts out correctly with an X, but what should be happening next?
(Think about how that 8 year old would accomplish the conversion.)

I think that your last sentence means that you're on the right track.

-Rob

Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com