Marnen,

Unless "scope" means something different in Ruby than it does in other
languages, it would appear that the garbage collector cannot possibly
free memory when something goes out of scope but, instead, when the
UseCount goes to zero.

Ralph

--
Best regards,
 Ralph                            mailto:ralphs / dos32.com