On 2009-11-06, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:
> It seems like a lot of special-casing and strangeness, though. I'm a
> little bit hampered in discussing it, I guess, because I don't see
> what benefit it would confer in exchange for the anomaly. So I'm
> probably going in circles.

I have found a lot of idioms which are amenable to use with ++, especially
postincrement, but they are often not nearly so useful outside of the C-like
languages.

Consider the canonical inner loop for copying an array in C:

There's really no idiomatic equivalent -- nor a need for one, usually.

-s
--
Copyright 2009, all wrongs reversed.  Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam / seebs.net