--0016e64cc90e2a64b10477b8b329

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 5:28 PM, David A. Black <dblack / rubypal.com> wrote:

> The thing is, a method called ++ that did in-place incremention would not
> be meaningful for
> numbers (if I understand correctly that you mean it would be similar
> to succ!), and having it for other objects would probably just lead to
> more confusion. That's my hunch, at least.

There's no point at all if it doesn't work on numbers.

It would require special case behavior.  Application to literal numbers
would be strange.  But there's certainly no reason it can't be done, and you
have one Ruby implementer on this thread attesting that it can.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh/Nagravision

--0016e64cc90e2a64b10477b8b329--