From: James Britt <james.britt / gmail.com>
Subject: [ANN] November Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>, phoenix-ruby / googlegroups.com, refreshphoenix / googlegroups.com
Date: Tuesday, November 3, 2009, 6:41 PM

November Phoenix Ruby User Group Meeting

When:Monday, November 9, 2009
   6:30pm door open. Laptop power and WiFi available.
   7:00pm Showtime
   8:15pm Migrate to Havana Cafe *** SEE NOTE BELOW! ***

Topic: Game development

    Logan Barnett and Jay McGavren will be speakingt
    RubyConf2009 about Jemini, a JRuby game development
    framework. We¡Çll get a preview of this talk, and some
    sweet demos.

Where: Target Training International offices
    17785 N. Pacesetter Way
    Scottsdale AZ, 85255
    http://is.gd/7h7L

    101 Freeway to Princess Drive; 2 blocks to Pacesetter
    North on Pacesetter to TTI at 17785
    Drive around to the back to meeting room entrance

    **** IMPORTANT ****

    If you have not been to the meeting before PLEASE view
    this satellite image showing the location of the meeting
    room entrance:

    http://www.rubyaz.org/images/tti_sat.png

    The door says "TTI University"

    If you get lost, call James at 480 236 4136

    Note that sometimes the meeting is in the frontf the complex.
    If you find yourself round back and there seemso be
    no activity there, please try the front door.

    Whenever possible, any such changes will be announced, and
    the Web site updated, and probably twittered, and then
    yelled from the hilltops.

Discussion, food, drink:

  Remi of rockin' DevFu asked if, for old time's sake, the gang
  could dine at Havana Cafe on Bell and 64th st.

  Havana Cafe was the old after-meeting food+drinks spot when the
  group was first rolling.

  http://is.gd/4yhLm

  I (James Britt) would love this, and hope others are up for
  it as well.

  Yes, it's a bit more pricey than Four Peaks, but consider it
  a once-in-a-blue-moon treat.

  Also, we'll need to get butts there by 8:15-8:30 so the kitchen
  doesn't close and make us sad.

The Phoenix Ruby Users Group meets at 6:30pm on the second Monday of
each month, barring holidays. Information may be found at www.rubyaz.org.

Thanks,

James Britt

--