Y> I hope we can use "postponed regular subexpression" extension in Ruby,
Y> as in Perl.

 With my old version of perl-5.7.1 postponed re use a node EVAL

 See the restriction given in perlre for the use of this node EVAL

                 For reasons of security, this construct is for                 bidden if the regular expression involves run-
                 time interpolation of variables, unless the per                 ilous "use re 'eval'" pragma has been used (see
                 re), or the variables contain results of "qr//"
                 operator (see "qr/STRING/imosx" in perlop).

Y> cf.
Y> http://www.perl.com/language/newdocs/pod/perlre.html

 The syntax in 5.7.1 is (??{}) and not (?p{})

Guy Decoux