--_9fee8fb3-fe2b-4bca-9c3d-4ba6b9218f8e_

> I wrote a super minimal BASIC interpreter to avoid translating the
> code.  (Yes, I am aware that's insane.  I'll seek help.)

Hah, ingenious!

I really didn't want to go about translating that BASIC either, but instead, I was just going to make my own version based on whatever I just readbout the game. Making a simple BASIC interpreter is so much cooler though, it should be a ruby quiz in and of itself really (make it a DSL for extra credit :P).

BTW, does anybody have any ideas for how a (fun) multiplayer version of Hamurabi would look like? What I was thinking: Add in a model of free markets to set price of land, so there would then be real trading between players. Then a smart player could influence prices through supply, to his opponents' detriment, if he could see the state of their kingdoms. And then there could be all sorts of nice strategies and counter-strategies in the struggle to be the best.  Also: quick (say 30 seconds or a minute at most), timed rounds, ending at round ten or so, at which point the winner is announced, and the game is restarted.

What do you guys think of that? Sound like any fun? A problem might be finding other players to actually play with live! In which case a slower, non-timed version that emailed you when it was your turn might be more appropriate (and less of a time sucker).

- Ehsan

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/177141665/direct/01/-_9fee8fb3-fe2b-4bca-9c3d-4ba6b9218f8e_--