Erg... damned webmail clients...

> I'm talking about: rpkg is a Debian's
>> dpkg/apt-like package management system for Ruby modules.  Translated,
>> this means that you will be able to query a database of modules by
>> typing `rapt search <pattern>', show entries with `rapt show
>> <modulename>', and go online and type `rapt install <modulename>' to
>> have the module installed and ready for require, along with binaries,
>> docs and tests.
>>

> "rapt"  I like that.  Rapt is a good word.  ^,^
>
> Here's a thought... how easy would it be to make a converter for an
> rpkg file to a dpkg file?  So that system packaging freaks like me
> could "rapt convertdpkg <rpkg file>", and install the deb

Continuing...

Anyways, install the rpkg as a dpkg, to help fulfill dependencies for
packages on that machine.  The same could possible be done for rpkg to RPM
or whatnot.  So then, on systems with a decent native package format, the
system packaging can be used, while systems without packaging can use just
rpkg.

Also, I don't know how well apt/rpm supports "hooks", but it might be cool
to just have them search for packages in rpkgs whenever looking for a
libruby-* package or something.