Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Rajinder Yadav wrote:
> [...]
>> I've been following this thread and am wondering if there are other
>> numerical
>> classes for Ruby other than BigDecimal?
>
> Well, I mentioned Rational.  There's also Bignum, but that's
> transparent, so it doesn't need to be called explicitly as BigDecimal
> does.  Check the standard library docs.
>
> Were you looking for something specific?

Hi Marnen,

thanks for the reply. I am aware of Bignum and understand how Ruby does the
translation transparently from Fixnum. I was just seeking more knowledge outside
my current understanding of Ruby.

I had imagined there might be a class Currency =), again just wanting to know
what's available to me through Ruby.

--
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav

http://DevMentor.org

Do Good! - Share Freely, Enrich and Empower people to Transform their lives.