James Britt wrote:
> Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
>> * JRuby/RJB: at the moment, seems like the best choice (as much as I get
>> annoyed by working with Java).  Is that an accurate assessment?  If so,
>> what tends to get used for GUI libraryies?  Swing/Monkeybars/Profligacy?
>
> This is your best route, offering fast, robust cross-platform
> development with solid GUI components.
>
> Use Monkeybars (or, if adventurous, Jimpanzee) with Rawr (for
> beautifully simple application packaging).
[...]

At this point, it looks like I'll probably use Monkeybars and JRuby for
this project.  But...what about wxRuby and Shoes?  I understand Shoes
was very popular for a while at least, and I like wxRuby's lack of
reliance on JVMs, yet I notice no one recommended these.  Are there
problems that I'm not aware of, or is that simply coincidental?

(Yes, I realize I may just have to play around with these all and find
out.  I'm just trying to get off the ground as quickly as possible.)

Best,
--
Marnen Laibow-Koser
http://www.marnen.org