Martin DeMello wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 9:03 AM, Marnen Laibow-Koser <marnen / marnen.org>
> wrote:
>> annoyed by working with Java). ?Is that an accurate assessment? ?If so,
>> what tends to get used for GUI libraryies? ?Swing/Monkeybars/Profligacy?
>> * Any other suggestions?
>
> * Bowline http://leadthinking.com/191-bowline-a-ruby-gui-framework is
> an option too, if you want another point on the spectrum between RIA
> and native.

Very interesting.  I think for this particular project, I don't want to
use HTML and JS for the UI, but I can imagine other projects that
Bowline would be great for!

> * JRuby/Glimmer uses SWT, so you'll get your native widgets.

Thanks.  I never heard of Glimmer; I'll look it up.

> * Ruby/QT4 would be my first choice if I knew I was just going to be
> deploying on linux, but when I asked in a recent thread, no one had
> any experience packaging and deploying it on windows. If you do go
> this route and get a windows executable up and running, I'd love to
> hear from you.

Oy.  Not this project, then.  Although I don't use Windows myself, the
nature of what I'm doing is such that it really has to run everywhere it
can.

> martin

Best,
--