On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Jacob Helwig <jacob / technosorcery.net>wrote:

> I'm afraid that you're not going to find any comparisons of the two,
> since they solve two completely different (and incomparable) problems.
>
> Waitr can be compared to autotest.  It is a means to automate the
> running of your tests, building of your documents, or any number of
> things you might do, whenever you save a file in your project.
>
> Selenium is a testing framework/language.  I guess it could be
> compared to Cucumber, and similar projects, but none of these can be
> compared to Waitr/autotest

Forgive me for being naive, but I really can't fathom this analogy,
especially the comparison of Watir to autotest.

Can you go into depth a bit more?  I see immense overlap in what Watir and
Selenium do, and don't really understand the distinction you're trying to
make here.

I see them both as automated functional testing frameworks for web
applications.  Apparently you disagree?

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh/Nagravision