--001636c924c82b1ea204767584ce

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:49 AM, Daniel Bush <dlb.id.au / gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't have a lot of experience with heavy traffic; but the (naive)
> motivation for this whole thing was to have one acceptor thread
> receiving while the other was pushing on the queue and then swapping
> over and over[1]  -- at least to allow people to experiment with that
> sort of thing if they wanted to.  But synchronisation issues with the
> extra thread might make things worse.  I'm used to trying out duff ideas
> so heck maybe I might take a look at it at some point - if only to get a
> better feel for what's going on at that level.

You might look at an event framework like EventMachine or my own Rev (
http://rev.rubyforge.org/) as a less error prone and high performance
alternative to threads.

The disadvantage of this approach is the need to invert control (event
frameworks are asynchronous), however it will resolve the synchronization
issues.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh/Nagravision