On 20.10.2009 22:53, lith wrote:
>> Side note: I find Java's cloning is broken in several ways.
>
> You're not alone:
> http://www.artima.com/intv/bloch13.html

He must have copied it from me. :-)

Seriously, although I agree to almost everything he says I would like to
add that cloning (done properly, for example as done in Ruby) does have
advantages over copy construction as well (just to name the most
prominent one: you do not need to know the class of the object to
clone).  In fact, they are two different concepts and sometimes one is
more appropriate and sometimes the other one.

Cheers

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/