On 20/10/09 06:49 , Dominic Sisneros wrote:
> Thanks GordonC:\Documents and Settings\dominic e sisneros>pik install jruby
> ** Downloading:
> http://dist.codehaus.org/jruby/1.4.0RC1/jruby-bin-1.4.0RC1.zip
>     to:  C:\Documents and Settings\dominic e sisneros\My
> Documents\.pik\downloads\jruby-bin-1.4.0RC1.zip
>

> ** Extracting:  C:\Documents and Settings\dominic e sisneros\My
> Documents\.pik\downloads\jruby-bin-1.4.0RC1.zip
>     to:  C:\Documents and Settings\dominic e sisneros\My
> Documents\bin\pik\jruby_140RC1
> done
>
> 'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
> operable program or batch file.

OK, this is a typical problem in the Windows world :)
You need to put the path containing spaces in "" so that it is
interpreted as a single command line parameter (and with you I guess I
mean Rob since this seems to be a pik internal hitch).
It's a good idea to always wrap paths in windows in "" - you never know
when somebody is going to use "My Documents" :)
Cheers,
V.-

--
http://www.braveworld.net/riva