On 19 Oct 2009, at 18:35, Aldric Giacomoni wrote:
> What kind of battery
> life do you get? Does the 9-cell battery stick out like a sore
> thumb, or
> like a malicious growth?

It's a bit of a carbuncle, but I get 6 hours from it reliably when
doing heavy processing with wireless enabled. I suspect that could be
extended for lighter usage, or maybe by swapping the HD for an SSD.
Oh, and safe sleep works too which is sweet.

Another nice feature is how cool the Atom processor runs for the bang
it delivers. I've had a FreeBSD system building the Gnome ports in
VirtualBox for the last day or so and it's not appreciably warmer than
when its sat idle.

Hopefully Apple will oneday release a MacBook Nano but until they do,
the MSI Wind is definitely a reasonable stopgap.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains
http://slides.games-with-brains.net