On 20 Oct, 2009, at 12:19 AM, Rapha§═ Marmier wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just found out that the following code yields the directory
> listing in
> reverse alphanumerical order on Snow Leopard (10.6.1). This is with  he
> out-of-the-box ruby install.
>
> require 'find'
> Find.find '/Library/Preferences/' do |x| puts x end
>
> On MacOSX 10.5 Leopard, it yielded the listing in either default
> system
> order, or alphanumerical order, I don't remember.

Just tried that on 10.5 and it still gives reverse alphanumerical order.

[pokui@mbp-pjo:~]$ sw_vers
ProductName:	Mac OS X
ProductVersion:	10.5.8
BuildVersion:	9L30
[pokui@mbp-pjo:~]$ ruby -r 'find' -e 'Find.find "/Library/
Preferences/" do |x| puts x end'
/Library/Preferences/
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AppleFileServer.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.AirPortBaseStationAgent.launchd
/Library/Preferences/.GlobalPreferences.plist