Fabian Streitel wrote:
> Young (but probably older than myself) padawan...
>
> go out and find a project you or other people find useful
> and code away... You will learn best by actually coding
> something and by fully applying yourself to it. The more
> you want it to work, the more you'll learn from it.

Maybe. I'm 26.
I am writing something already - http://github.com/Trevoke/SGFParser .
It's a little crude right now, but it's going to be developed further
and further into useful apps / maybe a full-fledged go software.
The part that scares me the most is the graphical user interface to play
go / see the results, but that's a long way away. First I need to find a
good way to represent the data of a go game so it's easily manipulated.