unknown wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Massimo Bensi <mbensi / spotzer.com>
> wrote:
>> I guess nobody has the answer to this, hence nobody was able to make
>> soap4r working with .NET web services?
>> Anybody could please suggest me a working SOAP library for Ruby that
>> works for real with .NET ws?
>> Sure appreciated, thanks!
>
> Sorry, for the delay.  I also haved used soap4r successfully in the
> past to talk to .net web services.  After your initial post, I grabbed
> your wsdl and ran it through wsdl2ruby, the result was the same as
> yours: the request appeared identical to the sample request provided
> by the web service but the response was parameter String cannot be
> NULL.
>
> I would recommend trying another library such as suggested by Dirkjan
> Bussink.  Also, are you certain that the service itself is not the
> issue (e.g. it appears that the error references a parameter named
> String but the request only has a parameter testString)?

Thanks,

unknown: you were right, it was totally my fault!
I was too busy debugging this "new" (to me) Ruby library that I didn't
bother checking for issues in the web service.
Well, the problem was actually there..
Sorry about this, my bad.

Dirkjan: thank you much, I'll keep handsoap in mind in case I need
another soap library.

For now it works just fine with soap4r!
Thanks all!