On Oct 14, 1:03=A0pm, Tony Arcieri <t... / medioh.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 6:01 AM, Intransition <transf... / gmail.com> wrote=
:
> > Don't use a relative lookup for any ,rb or .so/.dll loading. PERIOD.
>
> As someone who wrote a dependency-resolving code loading gem, I am extrem=
ely
> dubious that one can always avoid code loading using relative paths.
>
> How would you ordinarily go about loading some .rb files in a subdirector=
> beneath the directory in which the current file is located?

After reading your and previous comments and a brief bit of
unsuccessful googling, I decided it best if I wrote a blog entry on
the matter:

  http://proutils.github.com/2009/10/proper-require.html

Hope it helps.

Note the blog itself isn't quite "fully operational" -- no rss feed,
comments, and so forth yet, sorry. So please comment here.