Pardon me for sending this twice, for some reason the subject was wrong the
first time.

Windows98  Ruby 1.65

The following ?fragment is supposed to open the web browser and display a web
page:

system("rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler http://www.subimo.com")
 print $?
 print "\n"
 system("rundll32 url.dll,FileProtocolHandler
http://www2.subimo.com/start?userid=acc")
 print $?
 print "\n"

Instead, the first system command succeeds while the second gets a return
code of 32512.

Both commands work as expectdr from the MS-DOS commandline.

My guess is that it's some kind of command-expansion bug, but I've tried
seperating the elements without success. ?Has anyone else already figured
this out? I'm baffled and just looking for a workaround since this was
supposed to be a thirty minute project. to display a bunch of web pages and
verify that they look OK.
 Thanks,
 Anthony