I've been testing RubyStudio against the sample programs that come with
Ruby and a couple of questions have come up.

1) Most programs start with:
#!/usr/local/bin/ruby

But a few start with
#!/usr/bin/env ruby

Is there some reason to prefer the latter version? IE, is there some
platform where Ruby is not in /usr/local/bin but env *is* in /usr/bin?

One program, biorhythms.rb, gives RubyStudio fits because it writes user
prompts to stderr. Can I safely assume it's pathological or should I code
defensively for this?

Anyone think Matz might add ios#isatty= to ruby to simplify the life of
folks making IDEs?
--
Many individuals have, like uncut diamonds, shining qualities beneath a
rough exterior. - Juvenal, poet (c. 60-140)