Dear Paul,

thank you for responding. However, I am not looking for a way of dealing
with a Matrix as such ( there would be no need to use Java for it),
but I need to talk to a specific implementation of Matrix methods in Java.

I can do that nicely in JRuby, since the latter is basically Ruby 1.8.6
implemented in Java (rather than in C), but I have this syntax issue:

I want to use a Java class from JRuby (that's in principle possible),
but my JRuby script reads the definition with the curly brackets as
a Hash (Ruby syntax), and I am searching for a way to prevent that.

Thank you very much for further help!

Best regards,

Axel
--
GRATIS f alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!