On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 06:41:49AM +0900, Chris Gehlker wrote:

> I've been messing around trying to run biorhythm.rb from the sample programs
> to run in RubyStudio. It just seems to ignore the value of $stderr.sync and
> not to respond to #flush. Either method works with stdout.

Odd.  What platform are you using?

The C standard requires that standard error be either line buffered or
not buffered (it must not be fully buffered) by default.  On Linux,
stderr is always unbuffered by default.  It sounds like it defaults to
line buffered on your platform.

> Is this a bug in ruby or in my understanding?
>
> BTW - Why does biorhythm.rb write user prompts to standard error anyway?

Sounds like a bug in at least biorythm.rb (and perhaps also in Ruby).
Send an email the author.

Paul