On Oct 12, 2009, at 9:24 AM, Iki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Hi, I've found some tutorials explaining how to create and manipulat  uby
> array from a C extension using T_ARRAY and its realted functions.
> However I find nothing about T_HASH, and trying to extract the
> functions from
> Ruby "hash.c" code is... not very cool.

Sure it is!  All of the hipsters at Beauty Bar were talking about it
the other night.  But you'd better hop on board quickly before it
becomes uncool, otherwise you're going to have to wait until it
becomes "retro cool".

> Is there any tutorial about creating a simple hash in Ruby C
> extension?

rb_hash_new(void)
rb_hash_aset(VALUE hash, VALUE key, VALUE val)
rb_hash_aref(VALUE hash, VALUE key)

Though, if you're just doing hash manipulation, why not just do it in  uby?

---
Aaron Patterson
http://tenderlovemaking.com