--1926193751-744524940-12552017860015

Hi --

On Sun, 11 Oct 2009, dreamcat four wrote:

> The problem with class variables in Ruby, is that a class variable is
> the same object across all subclasses of a class. This is in my
> opinion almost never what you want. More probable is that you want
> the individual class instance to have an accessor. (Remember classes
> are objects in Ruby).

Oh, there are lots of problems with class variables :-) I didn't
mention them. Was there something in my post that made it sound like I
was suggesting class variables?

David

--
The          Ruby training with D. Black, G. Brown, J.McAnally
Compleat     Jan 22-23, 2010, Tampa, FL

David A. Black/Ruby Power and Light, LLC (http://www.rubypal.com)