Thanks - actually it does answer the question, but it also answers that
I have to wait until Ruby 1.9 for the "fix"

that is unless there is a workaround way (until 1.9) to

doInConstanScopeOf [Module] do
# so instead of 'Module::CONST' one can do 'CONST'
end

so one could do

def doIt(&block)
    doInConstanScopeOf AModule &block
end

and explicitly define the constant scope to be the scope of "self.class"

so when will the fabled 1.9 be available :)