On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Martin DeMello <martindemello / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that the ruby quiz has been getting few responses of
> late. In one sense I'm part of the problem; I seldom do the quizzes
> myself. However, I do like setting them, and have fun thinking up
> quizzes that are (reasonably) quick and (hopefully) enjoyable. So I
> put it to you - what sort of quizzes do you enjoy? More
> algorithm-based? More focused on a fun result (a game, some pretty
> pictures, etc)? Something "real world" that gives you the satisfaction
> of writing a useful program? Something that encourages you to explore
> the libraries out there? Something competitive? Pick out one or two
> quizzes that you enjoyed doing and say why.
>
> martin

I like quizzes that present problems that are easy for everyone to understand.
Something that makes you think but doesn't require much time.

Long Division #180
Mexican Blanket #127

The CryptogramII #206 quiz got me interested in cryptograms and I did
Cryptogram #13,
but I did not post it.

So, I guess these deal with simple mathematics or are simple puzzles.

These quizzes helped me explore Ruby without the need for gems, etc.
Instead of just finding a solution I like to learn more about Ruby.

Harry

--
A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby/list.html