"Believe me, ladies and gentlemen, there's nothing penultimate about
this one."

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've just uploaded RMagick 2.12.0 to
RubyForge. This will be the my last release of RMagick. I'm looking for
someone to take over maintenance of this project. The maintainer should
have a moderate skill with C programming, be familiar with Ruby's C
extension API, and either be familiar with or be willing to learn
ImageMagick's MagickCore API. If you're interested please email me at
this address or at rmagick AT rubyforge DOT org.

I added the RMagick project to the RAA on 31Dec2002. This means that
December 31 of this year is RMagick's 7th anniversary. Therefore I will
continue to support RMagick users and work with the new maintainer until
the end of the year. Regardless of what happens, my involvement with
RMagick will end on 31Dec2009.

For the six or so people who may care, I'm also stopping work on
MagickWand for Ruby. This is an infant project but personally I think
it's a project with a lot of potential. If you're interested in taking
over this nascent project, email me. Skills required are similar to what
I described above, except MagickWand for Ruby uses the MagickWand API.
Again, the deadline is 31Dec2009.