"Stephan Kš╬per" <Stephan.Kaemper / Schleswig-Holstein.de> wrote in
> Don't try to invent '<' and/or friends for complex numbers. It doesn't make
> any sense.
> Check your favourite complex analysis book for reference...

Hm,  it's probably more like least unfavorite complex  ...;-)

Morally the existence of Complex#<=> is likely a consequence of not having
an OrderedNumeric class to be placed between Numeric and the standard
classes Float and Integer. In such a numeric hierarchy you could subclass
Complex from Numeric which would greatly diminish the temptation
implementating a #<=>  framework -  i.e. a nicely pruned class tree has
a price too ... (yep, I am thinking Array#-  ... )

/Christoph