2009/10/1 Rocir Santiago <rocirleite / gmail.com>

> Hi, Nicol=E1s.
>
> Thanks for the reply. My switch works fine with SNMP. It's 3com Baseline
> Switch 2226 Plus.

Problem is though it may support SNMP protocol it sure won't support all th=
options (OIDs) the RFC defines. Some switches do support listing known
devices, some don't.

> My doubt it's about the ruby code to find the MAC
> address of each computer "pluged" in my switch. I can figure out some
> examples at the doc page of this lib. But when I just try to get the
> ifPhysAddress, the application raises an error and I don't know why.

My experience with SNMP si mostly in C++, not Ruby, but it may be helpful t=
know which exception is your application raising. It may be because the OID
is not supported (no such instance exception) or because it's not defined i=
your code. To assert if the switch does support this OID try using snmpget
from console, not from within a program.

BTW, if I remember correctly ifPhysAddress will give you the iface's mac
internal to the switch, not the mac of the device in that port (there may b=
many known macs per port too).

Regards,
--=20
Nicol=E1s Brailovsky - http://nicolasb.com.ar/