Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries / REMOVEacm.org] wrote:

> I see that I have it, since I have the Windows 1.6.6.  And it
> looks like the differences between it and rubyunit have
> mostly been normalized out.
>
> And it appears that it has a similar hack to Dave's, to run
> the tests. (Do I correctly read that they unconditionally run
> any tests that are defined after any mains that may also run?)

Well, basically unconditional; it will not run at all if a TestRunner
was invoked any other way. This allows you to use your own custom
TestRunner if you like without having the tests run twice.

> Looks like Dave's has a cute feature to run any tests
> mentioned in the command line.

Hmmm... haven't seen this. Where can I get it to look at?

> What other differences are there? Why should I use one or the
> other? Will one be official and the other disappear?

RubyUnit development has stopped at the current version (0.5.4, I
believe). Test::Unit will be the de facto unit testing framework going
forward, with plans to eventually include it with the standard Ruby
distribution. The RubyUnit compatibility layer is more provided as a
backwards compatibility aid; I'd suggest using the Test::Unit API for
new development.

That said, it's really your choice.

> What's up, tell me what's a-happenin ...

Don't panic, Ron, I promise not to leave you behind... ;-)

Let me know if I need to clarify anything else.

Nathaniel

<:((><
+ - -