have this code in Java:

boolean monkey = true;
for(i=0; monkey; i++){
  if(index[i] == null) {
    put.something.new(i);
    break;
  }

I am aware that it makes no sense by itself so I will explain.  I am
iterating through a (Sequel) database nodes.  I am looking for a node
I.D. that is not being used.  Basically, I am looking for and open
parking spot.  When I find one, I insert my new data using the newly
found parking spot. I really can't figure out why I need to uniquely
identify each node by an I.D. as it is already uniquely identified by
location in the tree but that is a different matter entirely.  All I
need is how to write a nice infinite 'for' loop in Ruby.