I've made a survey in Rails where I want people to pick three words,
characteristics, from a list of 30 words for 20 different visual
details; linear, organic, symmetry, etc.

I save each answer for each user, with the visual detail in one column
and the three words in an array in a single varchar column. E.g. for
Linear a user doing the survey might pick Word1,Word2,Word3.

What would be the best way to count the words picked for let's say
Linear? And also, count the ones most frequent.

( Not sure it's best to ask here or in Rails forum but I suspect it
could be here with some array or hash trick.)