--_b12a8469-d151-4002-870c-c09f10f53879_

I forgot to mention a couple things earlier. You could check out Why's Poignant Guide to Ruby. It's a book that has been the reason for many people falling in love with the language. It's somewhat eccentric, but very well written and fun. Why was the creator of Shoes to, you should know. Here's the book: http://cloud.github.com/downloads/devyn/shoes-web/whys-poignant-guide-to-ruby.pdf

Another fun thing you can do for programming in general is automation of different things. Using AutoIt V3 ( http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/index.shtml ) for windows automation, if you have a windows machine anywhere, can be extremely fun. It was my start in programming. It was really funor me because I was automating the playing of online text-based MMORPGs, but you can do all sorts of stuff. And it's a treat to see your computer act out real user movements that you've programmed it to, like seeing aar running a race track without a driver!

Anyways, I'll end with a piece of totally unsolicited advice: You should always have fun when programming. Well, sure, sometimes it's a pain, but it should be fun overall at least. So try to find the most fun things you can do and go for it. Just learning a language without applying it in a fun way can get boring very fast, unless you have some other deep motivation to learn programming.

- Ehsan.

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that√‘ right for you.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290-_b12a8469-d151-4002-870c-c09f10f53879_--