-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 15:25:11 +0900
> Von: Audrey A Lee <audrey.lee.is.me / gmail.com>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: Java, Ruby, JRuby, JRubify some Java?

> Hello JRuby People,
>
> I'm not quite ready to JRubyify yet but,
> I'm working on a mini-project which requires that I screen-capture a
> portion of my x-display on a linux box.
>
> It looks like I can use a class in Java named "Robot" to do this:
>   - http://java.sun.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/awt/Robot.html
>
> I figure any class (even if it is a Java class) named "Robot" deserves
> my attention.
>
> So I ran this query:
>   - http://www.google.com/search?q=java+robot+screencapture
>
> And this page looks good:
>   - http://www.rgagnon.com/javadetails/java-0489.html
>
> I see this example:
>
> import java.awt.AWTException;
> import java.awt.Robot;
> import java.awt.Rectangle;
> import java.awt.Toolkit;
> import java.awt.image.BufferedImage;
> import java.io.*;
> import javax.imageio.ImageIO;
>
> class ScreenCapture {
>   public static void main(String args[]) throws
>            AWTException, IOException {
>      // capture the whole screen
>      BufferedImage screencapture = new Robot().createScreenCapture(
>            new Rectangle(Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit().getScreenSize
> ()) );
>
>      // Save as JPEG
>      File file = new File("screencapture.jpg");
>      ImageIO.write(screencapture, "jpg", file);
>
>      // Save as PNG
>      // File file = new File("screencapture.png");
>      // ImageIO.write(screencapture, "png", file);
>   }
> }
>
> My question:
> Is it possible to transform the above Java-syntax into Ruby-syntax
> which could be interpreted by JRuby?
>
> Or I could ask it this way:
> How do I transform the above Java-syntax into JRuby-syntax?
>
> --Audrey

Dear Audrey,

you can use Java classes in Jruby straight away:

http://blogs.sun.com/coolstuff/entry/using_java_classes_in_jruby

For Linux automation, you might want to look at (the non-Java)
xdotool and its Ruby gem binding  xdo:

http://osdir.com/ml/ruby-talk/2009-08/msg01393.html

You might combine that with one of the many ways to take screenshots
in Linux:

http://tips.webdesign10.com/how-to-take-a-screenshot-on-ubuntu-linux

Best regards,

Axel

--
GRATIS f alle GMX-Mitglieder: Die maxdome Movie-FLAT!