On Sep 20, 10:03    宮
wrote:
> my favourite for quick, dirty, < 10 lines text hacks ;-)

I think, the operative word here is _dirty_.

When we programmers call some piece of code a 'quick and dirty'
solution, a 'nasty hack'...  typically, reverse is the case: it is
quick and elegant and nifty instead of nasty. We are, I guess,
indirectly/subtly praising ourselves :-)

But with Perl the story is different. If someone tells me that they
have implemented a 'quick and dirty hack... for now' in Perl, I will
take the word 'dirty' literally  ;-)  (Humor, and not offense,
intended.)