--00504502c64e8228380473effebb

hehe, thanks for the rating... I didn't even know there was such a thing...

An appeal to Ruby Development Team: If Perl has no patent over its
> regexp spec (I believe Perl is completely free), then the Ruby
> Development Team should simply lift wholesale the whole blessed regexp
> spec out of Perl (including the code) and support it in Ruby. I'm sure
> Rubyists in general would welcome this. Basically: If you don't need
> something, just don't use it; however, it's available for the rest.

Hm, IMHO that's not necessary. Except for lookaround, I had no need
for any more advanced regexp features in Ruby 1.8.7 and with Oniguruma
that one need will be satisfied in 1.9, so I don't see why that should be
necessary.

Oniguruma is a great regexp implementation, and if you really need those
2 or 3 features that aren't in there -- then you should probably do that one
script in perl... ;-)

After all, it is still a nice language that lets you do some stuff
wonderfully
hackishly, so IMHO it has it's place (I for myself love to do hackish stuff
from time to time -- keeps me from doing that in Ruby, where I don't want
that)

Greetz and a nice weekend!

--00504502c64e8228380473effebb--