--0016363ba2127ac81f0473d30ebb

I am writing a Best-First Search program in Ruby but I have never done tree
searches before and so am a bit lost.  This routine is being applied to the
8-puzzle problem of moving 8 tiles plus a blank space in an 3 x 3 grid.
Since I am new to both Ruby and search algorithms in general, I a looking
for a template or actual code as a Ruby program.  I've already written the
Manhattan move method to determine the heuristic value of each state, and
the move function for making a move, and a third method for determining what
moves are possible.  But writing the first-best routine without some
template to use is beyond my current capabilities.  I'm trying to move
beyond that limitation.

I've done a Google search and referenced five books on Ruby and not found
any good template, pseudo code, or even a Ruby routine that would do the
searches.  Does anyone know of a coded example in Ruby of the Best-First
search algorithm?  It it is applied to the 8-puzzle that is even better, but
if I can find a template I should be able to apply it to my problem.

Thanks in advance for being pointed in the right direction.

Always something new to learn.

No Sam

--0016363ba2127ac81f0473d30ebb--