On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 8:51 PM, Mrmaster Mrmaster
<mrsolarlife / gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a small script which reads each line from a txt file and appends
> it to the puts statement. My problem is that the last single quotation
> mark appears on a new line. How would I make it appear on the same line.
> I have am completely lost and would appreciate the help. Thanks
>
> File.open("directory") do |file|

                   p somedigit

>     >
> end

I think this will give you a clue on what's going on, and how to  move on:

File.open("directory") do |file|
        while somedigit = file.gets
                somedigit.chomp!
                puts "SQL STATEMENT I MADE UP ='"+somedigit+"'"

In summary, gets returns the \n at the end of the line, so you should remove it.

Hope this helps,

Jesus.