--0016e64617d6e622b1047387f2a4

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:22 AM, Kevin Jackson <foamdino / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > I am new to Ruby , but have  a few years of experience in C++.
> >
> > My requirement is to create automated test (scripts)  that will do the
> > testing (mainly acceptance test)  of our application (an Exe project
> > created on C++).  I intend to use Ruby for the automated test.
> >
> > My concerns are as follows.
> >
> > How can Ruby connect to my application (exe project on C++). Do I
> > require to have a COM interface exposed from my exe application so that
> > Ruby can call the interface methods from out of process and execute the
> > test?
> > Are there any easier  alternatives?
>
> http://www.swig.org/
>
> Try this
> Kev

And as an (IMO) tons nicer alternative to SWIG, please give Rice a try:
http://github.com/cout/rice

Of course, these might be mis-reading your initial question. Are you talking
about connecting Ruby to an already running process and running tests on
said process? If so, there might be some stuff in the win32- gems but I've
never done this specifically so I'm not sure.

Jason

--0016e64617d6e622b1047387f2a4--