Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> On Sep 9, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Ivan Shevanski wrote:
>
>> these
>> two posts in the background constantly. From what I've read, ruby
>> threads will hang on a command like this, since the interpreter does
>> not
>> have control. Can anyone help (or understand) me?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ivan
>> --
>>

> Ivan-
>
>   This is a perfect job for eventmachine and em-http-request. You can
> run as many async http requests as you want without blocking and
> handle the results with callback blocks.
>
> http://github.com/igrigorik/em-http-request/tree/master
>
> Cheers-
>
> Ezra Zygmuntowicz
> ez / engineyard.com

I couldn't seem to get this running with threads, so I'm trying
eventmachine. I can get a single post to run fine with callback, but
what do I have to do to get continuous posts running? I need to have a
post to the site going at all times, while handling the responses.
Documentation/examples seem very hard to find. A decent em-http-request
tutorial would be great.