Dot Baiki wrote:
> James Edward Gray II wrote:
>> On Sep 7, 2009, at 10:06 AM, Dot Baiki wrote:
>>

>>> And now? Ruby + FasterCSV + ???PDF???
>>
>> FasterCSV can definitely help you read an manipulate the data as you
>> have described.
>>
>>> Please, do not come up with Ruport because I tried this for 7 days
>>> now.
>>> success = 0
>>
>> Have your tried handling the PDF generation using Prawn
>> (http://prawn.majesticseacreature.com/
>> )?  Hopefully it can do what you need.
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>
> OK, seems like I don't have to buy Crystal Reports (hi hi hi hi). I have
> downloaded Prawn and will start to play around (or mess around?) with
> today :-)
>
> However, thanks for this nice piece of software and advice! Brilliant!
>
> Greetings from West Africa
> .baiki

Hello Sir James Edward Gray II,

Well, now I know who I am talking to :-) Respect! However, I checked all
the suggestions: Ruport, Ruby, CSV, fastercsv, prawn, extcvs.

All so beautiful. However, right now I have at least three lines in my
code
#!/usr/bin/ruby
require 'rubygems'
require 'ruport'

Hope I go in the right direction. Let you know when I have success (or
questions).

Greetings