On Thu, Sep 03, 2009 at 01:44:58AM +0900, Shot (Piotr Szotkowski) wrote:
> Disclaimer: I know that some of you live in jurisdictions that do not
> allow you to give legal adivce, and I???m not seeking it ??? I???m merely
> asking for a good practice. :)
>
> I like my code as clean as possible, and so I???d love to have my code to
> have as little cruft as possible. Given that I say in the README file
> that the code is licensed under a given licence (located in the LICENCE
> file), do I have to add licensing info to each and every file anyway?
> If so, what???s the shortest info I can add to make sure that a given file
> is covered by the licence?

The GNU GPL howto explains the "proper" way to use the GPL in your program's
source code.  http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

The 3rd through 7th paragraphs are probably a good procedure to follow for
whatever license you choose.

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org