From: Glenn Jackman <glennj / ncf.ca>
Subject: Re: declare a shell alias in a ruby file
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Date: Friday, September 4, 2009, 6:30 AM

At 2009-09-04 04:32AM, "Jean-S˝├astien" wrote:
>On 3 sep, 18:16, Brian Candler <b.cand... / pobox.com> wrote:
> > The only way you can do this is from the original shell itself. Either
> > type your alias command at the shell prompt, or put it in a file and do
> >
> > . myscript
> >
> > The dot (.) means "read this file and execute it as commands within this
> > shell"
>
>". myscript" doesn't not work for me. It doesn't read my file as a
>ruby one, althrough my file is starting by "#!/usr/bin/env ruby".

Brian is saying that the ruby script writes shell commands to a file
named "myscript" (instead of printing them to stdout).Then the shell
will source that file (instead of 'eval'-ing its stdin).

--
Glenn Jackman
Write a wise saying and your name will live forever. -- Anonymous

--0-1822010182-1252100720162--