On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:36:24 +0900
Eustquio Rangel <eustaquiorangel / gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey, I'm noticing that people are recovering the _why code etc but
> where and more important - how - is _why, the guy?
> Does somebody knows his phone and can make a call to check if
> everything is ok? Code can bem recovered, I'm wondering about the
> human being ...

Where you say the person is more important than the code, I would say
the opposite.

I would say that one with no name isn't primarily gratified by people
connecting with them personally.  Yes, peer respect is a significant
motivation, but I'd still say that credit and fame aren't that
important.

To honour the person, honour their legacy of code - their works,
influences on people, and personality.

Even if people had his number, I'd bet he would smile much more to know
that there are people hellbent on continuing his past efforts than track
him down and buy him a beer.

Besides, to track him down would be to disrespect his "Right to Vanish".

--
http://spiralofhope.com